Monday 8 September 2014

Muzium Tentera Darat, Port Dickson Negeri Sembilan

Last entry for #PusingPusingPortDickson

It WAS a short trip and I only made short stops at a couple beaches to take pictures. So the other place I managed to visit (highly recommended by a local friend) was the Muzium Tentera Darat Port Dickson or the Army Museum. 

You can use Waze to reach the place but road signboard was sufficient for me. It's at the junction where King's Char Kuey Teow is. You might as well try the CKT while you're in the area.

Anyway, you should be going into army area and once you see the arc in the pic below, you know you're heading to the correct direction. The museum is on the right, just a few seconds away. Parking area was sufficient if somewhat cramped.


Bandar Tentera Darat


Check out the outdoor exhibition! Your kids would be screaming to get out of the car by now. Let them run. There are plenty of things to see and 'not touch' and climb up for photo in the compound. I suggest a morning or late evening visit to avoid the heat.

FREE entry but feel free to donate. I saw a donation box in Gallery A.


Muzium Tentera Darat
Even big boys get excited over the planes. I have no idea why.

Army Museum
PD people love the stairs...

Muzium Tentera Darat
That's the building you should start with after you're done touring left side of the pic of course

Army Museum
In case you get lost

Muzium Tentera Darat
Gallery A is on the right.

Army Museum
See no touch :p Washroom on the right

The museum exceeded my expectation actually. Considering how neglected many museums are in this country. I'm gonna sound like a broken record but seriously, this place has potential. Please, to whom it may concern, take care of it. Maintain it. Charge a nominal entry fee for all I care. I'd rather pay than see the investment made wasted.

Army Museum
Disappointed :(

Army Museum
You didn't expect to see this, did you? :)

Muzium Tentera Darat
or this...

Army Museum
Thanks to poor lighting, this fella here looked ghostly

Army Museum
I've seen many lela but it was the first time I saw the inside of a lela

Muzium Tentera Darat
A Famosa Fort recreated

Muzium Tentera Darat
Portuguese uniform

Army Museum - Ground
Outdoor exhibition

Muzium Tentera Darat

Army Museum

Muzium Tentera Darat
Can you see what I meant by investment?

Muzium Tentera Darat
My guess? J.W.W. Birch about to get killed

Army Museum Port Dickson

Muzium Tentera Darat Port Dickson
I wish they allow us to climb in

Muzium Tentera Darat
Surprisingly calm

Army Museum
Oh sure there are some disturbing things as well...

And now the museum's pride and joy... the Communist underground tunnel. I'm not sure if it was made by them but the exhibition down there was about the communist. 

Muzium Tentera Darat
Let's go down, down, down~

Muzium Tentera Darat
A communist waiting for visitors

Muzium Tentera Darat
That's the sentry. Not sure why he wasn't facing the entrance.

Army Museum
Propaganda materials

Muzium Tentera Darat
Sickbay

Army Museum
Wanna know how Malays joined the communists?

Army Museum
The end of the tunnel

Muzium Tentera Darat
More climbing?

There's an area for uhm... I forgot what they called it in Malay but it looked like a place to learn survival skills to me.



Had enough? Rest and recharge at the available warung and enjoy a drink or some ice cream.

Army Museum

Tata~




No comments:

Post a Comment