Friday 12 June 2015

#GoSinga May 2015

Hello!

So before I go into the details of my #GoSinga trip last May, let me just share the itinerary, budget and some other info on my Singapore trip.


Itinerary

16 - 18 May 2015 (3 days 2 nights)
4 pax

16 May (Saturday)

0835 - 0950 : Flight to Singapore. Get Singapore Tourist Pass at airport
1110 - 1150 : Early lunch at airport
1200 - 1330 : Head to Changi Museum*
1430 - 1530 : Check-in @ Shophouse The Social Hostel. Zohor & Asar
1600 - 2000 : Explore Arab Street & Haji Lane (Kg. Glam)
1930 - 2000 : Back to Arab Street. Dinner
2200 - 0800 : Solat & lights out

17 May (Sunday)

0830 - 0900 : Breakfast
0900 - 1330 : Gardens by the Bay. Lunch at GbtB or Orchard Road
1330 - 1730 : Zohor & Asar at Orchard Road. Visit Asian Civilisation Museum, Peranakan Museum* & National Museum of Singapore & Merlion
1800 - 2100 : Light show at Gardens by the Bay. Solat.
2100 - 0000 : Shop at Bugis Street/Mustafa Centre. Supper
0000 - 0800 : Lights out

18 May (Monday)

0830 - 1800 : Breakfast. Check-out. Explore Sentosa (merlion), Universal Studio Singapore/S.E.A Aquarium*
1800 - 1930 : Go to airport. Solat
2120 - 0005 : Flight home

*optional



Entrance Fee(s)

Universal Studio Singapore - SG$74/adult (actual paid SG$64)
USS large locker - SG$20/day

Changi Museum - FREE

Gardens by the Bay - SG$28/adult (actual paid SG$26)



Transportation

Honestly, I seldom use the public transport in Malaysia. The best I can do is probably using the LRT to KLCC from Kelana Jaya. Put me on a bus and I'd prolly ended up in Alor Setar. So, I prepared a cheat sheet in advance. Of course, we had to improvise along the way. Like we took train instead of walk to USS from Vivo City.

  Finding the bus stops and train stations in Singapore can be tricky without help from the locals. You might want to prepare your own cheat sheet as well. Walking around and getting lost (even in a shopping complex) is no fun I tell you.

Halal Food in Singapore List



Halal Food

I made this list based on whatever info I can find online. Therefore, it may not be updated as I obviously didn't get to go to all. In fact, I can confirm that I couldn't find #15 - Long John Silver's in Orchard Road.

Halal Food in Singapore List
Halal Food in Singapore List


See, there are plenty of halal eateries in Singapore :)


Budget (excluding fees not mentioned above, food & drinks)
RM1318 for 2 pax

Actual expenditure in Singapore (excluding flight & 10% accommodation)
RM1277 for 2 pax 

The expenditure without food & drinks is RM1095.50 so the two of us ate about RM181.50 (RM60.50 for 2 pax/day) worth for the whole trip. That's just a little over RM30/person every day, which is my usual estimate for dining budget. 

My actual dining budget?
SG$25/day for 2 pax. Almost RM70/day.

P.s. Breakfast was included with accommodation so we must have splurged on lunch & dinner :P


Like many people, I used to believe that Singapore is an expensive city to visit. Yes, the hotel rates are ridiculous. You can get a 4-star hotel in Cambodia for the same rate as a standard room in Singapore but other than that, the price sort of make sense. Some items like potato crisp are even cheaper in Singapore than in Malaysia!

  Do ask if you need any clarification or more info on my trip. I'll try my best to help. Just don't ask me to draw up your itinerary or budget. I am not THAT nice.


If you're too lazy to plan for yourself, pay us to plan for you! ~Travel Agencies. Probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment