Friday 4 March 2016

Ginger-Lemongrass Green Tea

Ginger-Lemongrass Green Tea

I haven't share drinks recipes here, have I? Hmmm... I love mocktails, teas, frappes and such but maybe because they are super easy to make, I didn't think sharing here is worth it. Pretty sure I posted them in my private Instagram though.

  Anyway, here's a delicious tea for you to try...

Ginger-Lemongrass Green Tea (GLG tea)

Ingredients
• 4-5 cups water
• 1-inch ginger
• 3 lemongrass
• 2 teabags green tea
• honey/brown sugar

Steps
1) Peel, wash & slice ginger. Wash & bash lemongrass using flat side of a knife/pestle. 

2) Boil ginger, lemongrass and teabags in water.

3) Let cool or drink hot. Add honey/brown sugar to taste.

Ginger Lemongrass Green Tea

Ginger Lemongrass Green Tea

I added 2 tsp of honey and some Sprite ice cubes which I happen to have in the freezer. What a way to ruin a healthy drink, right? 

  Actually, I'm trying to consume (somewhat) more healthily. So, on cheat days when we had fast food, I didn't want to drink the soft drink. What I did instead was poured the soft drink into ice cube trays and use them when I want to jazz up my infused water or tea. Still not healthy but better than  a whole cup of soda at one go, I think :p

  So, try the recipe and happy... making!? Drinking? Idk... just enjoy! Let me know if you like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment